Pages

10.19.2010

8

Today was Drew's eight month birthday. We decided to celebrate by going to the hospital. Nothing says party like the ICU...

Thank you for your prayers. After having an episode on Saturday we phoned our Doctor on Monday morning to discuss further treatment possibilities. We were still struggling with making a decision to proceed. Drew was doing so good we thought this might be it for his breath-holding spells. We prayed very specifically for clarity and guidance on Monday afternoon after which Drew proceeded to have two episodes in two hours. For us that was all the clarity we needed. So here we are today.

Despite the fact that Drew continues to have episodes we are thankful for answered prayers, even if they are of the non ideal variety. Monday afternoon I found great comfort from Psalm 102, a prayer of one afflicted, and psalm 105, which is a reminder of some of God's many works. We are at peace with our decision and feel very confident that this is the right thing to do.

Please continue to pray for Drew. He has some tests tomorrow then we'll wait to have a g-tube implanted in his stomach (that will probably happen next week - hopefully we'll get to go home for the weekend). The g-tube will ensure a reliable delivery of Drew's medication that we hope will work. No one knows if it will but at this point it's the least invasive best option.

We'll keep you posted...

"Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry come to you! Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress! Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily in the day when I call!"

"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered."

db


5 comments:

Laura said...

I am going to bed praying for you and wake up in the morning praying for you. I will come to see you as soon as I get home.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys continually!
The Lamberts

Chris and Christina said...

happy 8 months baby drew!
all of you are in our daily thoughts and prayers, especially right now during this tough decision making time. lots of love from us!

Anonymous said...

Aaron gave me the news today regarding the surgery. Praise the Lord that the medicine is going in. What a miracle. Go Drew go!!

lisa said...

Drew is probably the cutest kid in the world! I am praying for you!