Pages

11.06.2010

Dear Mama,

I'm sorry that I woke up all night long last night. And the night before. And the night before that.

I miss you when you are at work all day, and it seems a shame that we spend so much of our time together sleeping. So I decided I wouldn't. Why should I drink milk during the day from a bottle when I can get it straight from the source at night? Plus, I have to make up for those first two months when we spent our nights apart.

You know you really do like looking at my sweet sleepy face at 3am.

Remember, Mama, this stage won't last forever. It won't even last very long in the grand scheme of things. There will come a time when you will wake up on your own and look over to see me sleeping and you will miss these days.

Until then, this is the reason they invented the double Americano.

Love,
Drew
(who is still napping at noon to make up for the sleep he missed at night)

1 comment:

Chris and Christina said...

i don't know how any mother survives without caffeine. one day you'll no longer be nursing and dave can take over the joys of sleepless nights.