Pages

3.11.2010

And now I will brag just a little bit

It's quite possible that my child is a genius.

Early this week, at just two weeks old, Drew started to smile. At first just randomly for no apparent reason, but in the last two days he's smiled a few times in response to coaxing and silly faces from mommy and daddy.

(I choose to ignore any suggestion that this may be due purely to the sheer volume of silly faces we make on a daily basis rather than a demonstration of cause and effect)

According to my mommy magazine, babies are expected to start smiling between 8 - 10 weeks of age. So, Drew has apparently met this milestone in 1/4 the time it takes a normal child. At this rate we expect that he will defend his PhD before his 8th birthday.

kb

7 comments:

Liza said...

atta boy, Drew!

Anonymous said...

He does have Liberty blood in his veins you know.... hense the genius thing he has going on (sorry karla, I'm sure he gets some genius from your side too!)
Keep up the smiles little one ~ love Aunty Lela :o)

Joanne Crease said...

Why would he not be a genius? It runs in both families...

Anonymous said...

That is so cute that he is smiling- he is beautiful. We are praying for the three of you. Hope we can meet Drew sometime soon- I know Reuben and him would get along great. A package is arriving for you today. Love you guys.
Leah,James,Sophia and Reuben

Chris and Christina said...

so obviously a genius!

Anonymous said...

I love the video of Drew listening to the mobile. His little sucking noises are adorable.

Aunty Irene

Anonymous said...

As always you're all in my heart, thoughts & prayers. I love your humor throughout your blogs.
As you're both so fortunate to have Drew as your son, he is also so fortunate to have you both as his mommy & daddy. You guys rock!
I look forward to coming and visiting the newest addition to our family (think I may grab Aunty Laverne and go for a drive one weekend, pictures are great but just not the same as seeing him with our own eyes)
Love & hugs to you all
Aunty Lela