Pages

3.26.2010

Thank you Mrs. Hoving

Throughout this experience with Drew we have received countless encouraging messages from you. And we have experienced countless encouraging acts from you. Words and actions. We recognize these works as God blessing us through you.

Let me tell you about Mrs. Hoving (just a little bit or else I would never be able to finish). She was one of the first people that taught me about prayer. She also taught me about faith, and continues to do so. Mrs. Hoving has experienced many things in her life. Lots of it challenging. I would be hard-pressed to be able to find anyone else who has as much joy as her. I'm talking deep down, life affecting, life effecting true joy.

Please pray for and with her. For healing for Mr. Hoving and for continued strength and trust in Him. I also pray thanks that the Lord works through her; for the example she sets. When I was thinking about this last night the words to the song "It Is Well With My Soul" kept going through my head. Click on the title for a brief explanation about the song (you want to talk about perspective...).

It Is Well With My Soul


When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

But Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Horatio Spafford



I'll leave you with a snippet from Mrs. Hoving's last email to us (I hope you don't mind Mrs. H):

"The bottom line is that we need to trust the loving -kindness and ultimate wisdom of our God and it is a life fight - not easy, but the answer. WE pray - our part and not demand -that is what is hard, but how much bigger is our God and His love was proven in Christ's outstretched arms."

db

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Dave and Karla. Please know you are in my prayers daily. This hymn of which you write is fast becoming one of my favorites. We are singing it weekly in my singing group. God bless the 3 of you and keep you strong. Mary Fleming

Beth said...

what a lovely song.

another song that i'm loving these days & i think is encouraging/relevant is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqy1a_Gz0zQ