Pages

3.22.2010

Sappy Sapperson

That is what Karla now calls me. Not too sure when I became the sappy one of the family. I think I've cried more in these last 31 days then in the last 31 years...more than two or three times I reckon. And those who know Karla well know that she is funny, but this is getting to be too much. She figures that as long as I'm churning out the sappy stuff she'll keep giving the people what they want.

Drew is healing up nicely. His surgeon changed his trachea tube today and Drew handled it like a champ. He was awake the whole time but seemed to have other things on his mind because he didn't even bat an eye. He has some redness around the site but nothing too concerning. This means they'll start to wean him off the hard stuff and we'll get to hold him again. And hopefully we can give him a bath because he's starting to get smelly. I guess the new baby smell doesn't last forever.

We met our tracheostomy care instructor today and got our training schedule set. Things are moving along. If all goes to plan we'll hopefully be kicked out of the hospital in late April.

Here is a picture of our big highlight from last week. We got to hold an Olympic gold medal. I didn't intend to hold it like that. Honest.



db

No comments: